Saturday, June 19, 2010

Does any one know the difference between a texturizer and a silkener?

I want to go natural and wear my hair curly. In styles like Halle Berry/ Jada Pinkett Smith, and Beyonce. I want to be able to change from curly to straight hair with a blow dryer or flat iron. I want my hair healthy. I currently have a relaxer in and want to grow it out while wearing braids then, snip snip snip. I don't live near new york wear miss jessies salon is located. I do like the results of the silkenener they offer though. I am aware that no one else sells the silkener product. What would be the likely result of a texturizer? Does it still split your ends tough since it is a chemical? About how often does one need a touch-up with a texturizer? Does it dry your hair out? Is it easy to manage? What products work best on texturized hair?



Does any one know the difference between a texturizer and a silkener?

a relaxer and texture are the same, they both chemically straighten the hair. I take it your hair texture is more curly than kinky; if so a texturizer will work for you. But I suggest you get a couple of consultations for hairdressers before you decide.



I have also been reading up on miss jessies silkener and from what I can tell it just a texturizer. I have very kinky hair and I tried the curly pudding and I never got the beautiful curls I wanted. You could try the curly pudding and see if it works for you before putting another chemical on your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter