Thursday, June 17, 2010

Going to Ireland. As long as my plugs indicate 110V-240V we can just use the plug adapters, correct?

I was told all we need are the plug adapters to fit into the sockets abroad and that the plug adapters would convert it for us as long as it states 110-240. I want to double check before frying our electronics. I understand the voltage converters are more for larger appliances...Hair Dryers, Irons, etc.



Going to Ireland. As long as my plugs indicate 110V-240V we can just use the plug adapters, correct?

If the device states 110-240 means it will run at both as long as you have the right physical adapter to fit in to the outlet



Going to Ireland. As long as my plugs indicate 110V-240V we can just use the plug adapters, correct?

Yes you are correct.



As a general rule anything that has a ac power adapter, (The big usually black adapters that come with your cell phone or camera) and clearly state input 120-240v are safe to plug directly in to a foreign power source.



Of course you will need a plug adapter.



In addition I usually carry a power strip. Don't use one with a power surge option, it will blow. (I learned that the hard way). This way you can plug more than 1 item in at a time with only 1 plug adapter.



As a general rule, anything with a motor. e.g. hair dryer you are asking for trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter