Saturday, November 28, 2009

IPod. Water. Me. Stupid.?

M'kay, I was trying to get a sticker out of the back of my iPod, (courtesy of my little cousin), I used a toothbrush to rub the extra sticky paper that stuck, off. I was rinsing the back of my iPod and I was extra careful to leave the water out of the USB jack (if I didn't, then there would be a message that would come out, but when it got drained of battery, it would go back to normal). When I was done I turned it over to see that water entered the screen and it turned into condensation. It wouldn't turn on, but the next day it did. I had tried to use a hair dryer, but that only made my iPod expand and it would work, but after I leave on the table, it goes all condensation-y again. I tried the sun, not much help. Any suggestions???



IPod. Water. Me. Stupid.?

try setting it on your tv top or computer monitor something that has a indirect heat source thats not too hot



your going to have to let it sit 3-5 days for the condensation to clear up



by husband works for wastewater and drops his cell all the time in water he has to have a back up phone we go through it all the time this usually does the trick



the hair dryer didn't work cause it did not have time to evaporate it just made steam that condensed again because of the drop in temp when you removed the heat source



IPod. Water. Me. Stupid.?

See if you can open the iPod's case and wipe the condensation off. I wouldn't recommend using heat to dry it because you could damage something. Try not to rub your feet on carpet when you do it because static electricity will definitely kill your expensive iPod. Hope this helped you out.



IPod. Water. Me. Stupid.?

Most likely water is in the ipod. If your careful enough open it up and there will be droplets of water. (I have no idea how to open it up) Keep using the blow dryer on low.(if its on high you would fry it) I tried it on my phone when it fell in the pool and it works now. If it doesnt work feel free to try to release ur anger on it by smashing it with a sledge hammer.



IPod. Water. Me. Stupid.?

bring it to the apple store at ur mall or ship it to them and they will fix it cuz its part of the warranty and if the warrenty is over call and its like 50$ for a 2 year extention i got it when mine got messed up



IPod. Water. Me. Stupid.?

for future reference, use baby oil or cooking oil to remove sticker paper from surface and wipe dry.



for this case, you may want to leave your ipod near the thermal of fridge or heater for a few hours the warmness may be able to dry the dampness as hair dryer can only dry the surface temporary.. and water is still in the ipod.



Otherwise seek professional help... get the repairman to clean up the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter