Thursday, November 26, 2009

My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

He has a problem with my stuff being around the house. Like if my book is out of place on the coffee table...or my hair straightener is left out to cool.. he admits he is "nit picking me". I packed up a lot of my "nothing" things like candles and stuff on my night stand. I now keep my blow dryer/hair straightener and allll my make up things in my large sephora box in the closet. I packed up my set of dishes so there is less clutter in the kitchen cabinets... what else can I do? He is mad that I did this but I want to avoid the stupid fights about my stuff being around the house. Is this a good way to live?? What do I do????



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

How are you supposed to live if all of YOUR stuff is in the way. Make him get rid of some of his stuff then!



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

you really had to ask? These are called "red flags" dear. Warning signs....he's not marriage material...so don't waste any more of your precious youth with someone so shallow....He's sounds very annoying....ick.



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

you should dump this obsessive/compulsive guy and find a more normal guy, as much as a guy can be normal anyway.



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

He needs to realize that you live there too so your things will be laying out. Tell him that your house won't always be neat. He's gonna need to get over that. just tell him that your leting it cool and go back and put it away when its done. when you start to argue just tell him that your going in the room and you'll be there when he's ready to talk. or try coming up with a way to avoid the mess like a compromise of some sort.



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

It happens when you first move in together, you have to find common ground and each of you have to actually give in once in a while, so yeah it's good you did something about it. Another thing it may be is he may be having problems at work or school and he is just getting home and finds any reason to let out his frustration. The best bet is to always have an open communication with each other about your problems outside your home and within. Talk about it , do what you can to fix it and tell each other everything even if it hurts. Tell him you want communication between you guys that way you can strengthen your relationship, instead of it going down the drain.



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

My goodness, seems like you are right in saying both of you are arguing about silly things. What should you do? There are several ways of handling this but one of you has to be mature enough to change. Reading your post it seems like you are that person.



In any argument, the one who has the greater intelligence is always wrong, because he/she did not use their intelligence to avoid the argument in the first place. Remember that people argue to win and not to clarify a situation. There are two sides to every argument but no end.



If you make light of trouble , it will help you see the way clear and you will make the right decision.



My live-in bf and I have been fighting about "stupid" stuff...?

I've never lived with anyone, but they've certainly gotten used to seeing my stuff around their houses. Most girls get a little piece of the house before they even move in. You may have moved into his place, but now you live there *together*. He needs to accept that the apartment is now a home for both of you. It sounds like he wants the benefits of a live in girl, without the girl.



Tell him that he either needs to learn to love you and your stuff, or you can leave. It's not fair of him to expect you to not have any 'space' of your own when the apartment belongs to both of you.



You might want to ease in, a little at a time, as a compromise. Putting out a thing a day til he learns to deal might make it easier, but it is just not ok for him to expect you to not have any part of the apartment. Tell him to think of it as a reminder of the fact that you're living with him. It's a reminder of you.



***Wow, six months? Hon, tell him how this makes you feel. You aren't saying it, even on here, but you don't sound happy with this. Tell him that it's important to you to be able to feel like you live in your home. Tell him how it makes you feel when he picks at you, how it hurts when he doesn't deem you important enough to 'put up with' your stuff being left out. It's obviously not just that it's a mess if he won't even let you have decorations out. I would have taken this personally, and if you haven't, I'm amazed.



If he hasn't lightened up by the end of this month, I'd leave. It is not worth letting him 'box you up' when there are so many guys who would feel lucky to have your straightener out, because it means you are with them, and take care of yourself for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Scooter